Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 31 August 2013

How to make people say, "Your scones are delicious!"

Hello there!

We've been talking a lot about scones recently (and finding out that half of you are mad! - today is the last day you can vote in our poll by the way....make your vote count!) so I thought it might be a good time to share my recipe with you all.

One of Lorna's delicious scones being demolished!

Now, I cannot cook to save my life and Rachel can share some horror stories about the meals I have subjected her to over the years but there are two things that even I seem not to be able to ruin and they are cucumber sandwiches and scones!  Some of my lovely friends have complimented me on my scones and they're quite an honest bunch so they're hopefully not just being obsequious and I hastily point out that I have little to do with how delicious they are as I just follow Delia's recipe to the letter and that's how they appear from the oven!

Another one of Lorna's scrummy bakes!

I love Delia Smith's recipes in general as I find them to be simple and 'no-nonsense' and so without further ado, pop over to Delia's website and her delicious scones.

I hope you like the recipe and if you try it please let us know what you think!  If you use a different recipe  please share that with us too!

Thanks for popping by today,
Lorna

No comments: