Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Wednesday 25 September 2013

My favourite words for afternoon tea

A wonderful tea inspires my creativity, I guess that's why our crafternoon teas work so well!  I find my vocabulary flourishing as I endeavour to describe all the delights that are tantalising my taste buds... As well as the bits that are slightly less than tantalising!

'Delectable', 'divine' and 'delicious' seem to be favourites of mine, althought why I'm obsessed with words beginning with the letter D, I'm not sure!


However, Rachel recently added a fabulous new word to my vocabulary when I was struggling to describe an overly moist banana bread recently, informing me that it was 'claggy'.  So perfectly descriptive!

Alas!  I cannot keep using words that begin with the letter D and 'claggy' forever so I'd love it if you would all help me out and let me know your favourite words to describe afternoon tea, both the good bits and the bad.  If we get enough suggestions Rachel and I can compile a list of our favourites and maybe challenge ourselves to use them all to describe one tea!


Regular visitors to the Tea With Me And Friends Afternoon Tea blog will know that one of Rachel's favourite words at the moment is "Scrummy"! So what words do you think should make our list? How do you describe afternoon tea? Remember it can be positive or negative!

We'd love to hear from you...either leave a comment here or track us down on Twitter!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Lorna

1 comment:

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Lorna, I love "scrummy," too. Great word! And, of course, my favourite "D" word is "Delightful." Get it?