Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Friday 10 July 2015

The Friday Review....Peach and Rhubarb, London Tea Co

Hello there,

Welcome back to another Friday Tea Review from Tea With Me and Friends - it's tea-riffic to see you again!

As the weather has been rather hot recently we thought we'd tried and cool off with a bit of a cool brew! We were at Taste of London recently when we bumped into The London Tea Company stand, where they were offering tastes of their tea brewed with cold water. As well as a taste of the tea they kindly gave me a peach and rhubarb teabag to take home with us....

Peach and Rhubarb Tea
The London Tea Company

Following there instructions I put my teabag in the mug and then filled it up with cold water. I then put the whole thing in the fridge for about half an hour.

The result was a a sweet smelling, cold tea which was a beautiful pink/coral colour. I decided I didn't want to drink this in a cup, so I served it in a glass over ice. I even added some sliced peach.....


The flavour is neither overly peach nor rhubarb....it's really nice and refreshing...a little tart but not too much. A lovely summer drink.

The base of this infusion is Hibiscus and it can be made with hot or cold water - making it something you can enjoy throughout the year. They suggest adding a sprig of mint to a cold brew, which I will try next time.

Have you tried any of the London Tea Company Teas? Which is your favourite? We'd love to hear from you!

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel & Lorna

No comments: