Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 25 July 2015

Pavillon Elysée Café Lenôtre

Hello there!

Recently I (Lorna) went on a little flying visit to Paris.  My husband has cycled there nine times, helping other achieve goals, raise money and realise dreams.  He had described to me what it was like rolling through Paris and over the finish line where lots of friends and family were gathered to greet their loved ones and sometimes he wished he had someone there to cheer for him too.  So this year I decided to surprise him at the finish line.  


So, now you know my life story, it will make sense that I found myself with a day in Paris all on my own.  I wandered around, went up the Eiffel Tower and strolled down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, by which point I was a little parched so what did I do?  Well, obviously I found somewhere to have a nice cup of tea!  

I'm pretty frightened of heights which goes some
way to explaining this selfie up the Eiffel Tower!

I was much happier with two feet on the ground
at l'arc de triomphe

So I started looking at the restaurants as I walked by and really could not decide where to go until suddenly the words "Tea Lounge" jumped out at me from the window of Café Lenôtre.  Decision made!


Café Lenôtre is elegant and refined, an ocean of calm amidst the bustle of the Champs-Élysées.  They do not serve a full afternoon tea but do have a selection of various teas on offer and you can choose a pastry or cake from their decadent looking patisserie stand.  


Being in France I thought the proper thing to do would be to sample some authentic macarons.  I was delighted by the presentation and the taste did not let them down!  I had six different flavoured, miniature but perfectly formed, macarons to eat and although I cannot remember all of the flavours now (sorry Rachel, will do better next time!) I can say with absolute certainty that they were all delicious!


Café Lenôtre is fairly expensive but it is on one of the most famous avenues in the world!  I also felt that the service and quality of the food was deserving of the price.  To find out more about this lovely place you can visit their website here.

I'd love to hear about some of the quirky, unusual or exotic places you have found to have a cup of tea when travelling so do leave a comment and tell me about them!

Thanks for popping by today,
Lorna & Rachel

No comments: