Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Resolutions?

Hello there,

Welcome to 2014! I hope you've had a tea-riffic start to your year!

We thought we'd start the year by thinking of some new year resolutions....not that I particularly believe in resolutions after all they are so easy to break!

I think the obvious resolution is to enjoy more afternoon tea....but that goes without saying really. If you popped by our little blog last year, you'll have seen some of the scrummy teas that we indulged in during 2013. In fact we found it very difficult to pick which was our favourite! But there are so many more afternoon teas out there....including lots of new ones which we will endeavour to sample and share with you.

Tea With Me and Friends afternoon tea blog
promises to bring you loads more photos in 2014!

A personal afternoon tea resolution for me is to learn a little more about tea itself....I enjoy a good cup of tea, but I want to spend 2014 developing my palate a little more so I don't always drink the same old tea. There are so many teas out there to be sampled and I'm hoping to share my education with you.

Tea with Me and Friends' Rachel trying out some tea!

I would also like to find out a little more about afternoon teas that are served around the world - on Instagram and blog's like the fab Kate and Chelsie blog I see lots of scrummy photos of international teas and I want to learn more!

The Collection Fashion Afternoon Tea, Raffles Dubai
 - photo from Kate and Chelsie's blog

One final resolution that we've made is to improve on our own afternoon tea making skills. You may have seen one or two of our posts in 2013 where we created our own afternoon teas at home....well we'd really like to add a little more finesse to our feasts. We are hoping to do this by attending the One Aldwych Afternoon Tea Masterclass in February....we can't wait to spend some time learning from Chef Dominic. We'll let you know how we get on in a future blog post!

Chef Dominic - One Aldwych

As well as these resolutions we also have the UK Blog Awards that are currently running - we have entered our little afternoon tea blog in the Food & Drink category and we'd really appreciate your vote!

I also have lots of afternoon tea articles planned for the online magazine PVB Daily - read a new article every Thursday!

We have lots of tea adventures already planned for this year and we hope that you will join us on them!

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel & Lorna

No comments: