Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Friday 12 June 2015

T2

Hello fellow tea drinkers!  It's me, Lorna!  Surprise!

Anyway, I recently had the opportunity to visit T2 in Kingston.  "Good for you!" I hear you say, "But what on earth are you talking about?"  Well, T2 is the leading tea retailer in Australia according to their website.  They have been providing Australians with tea for 18 years, have been in the UK for about a year and just opened their branch in Kingston around seven weeks ago.

T2 Store in the Bentalls Centre, Kingston

Now, you'll have to bear with me as I'm a little more shy of taking photos that Rachel so I'll do my best to describe everything to you!  The shop is modern but still inviting.  The first thing you see is a large table absolutely filled with little dishes containing all the different varieties of tea available for you to look at and, more importantly, smell.  Dotted around the shop is all the beautiful teaware which is predominantly decorated with bright colours and bold designs.  Along the walls you can find boxes upon boxes of tea, neatly organised and ready to leap into your shopping basket!

I don't expect you to be able to read them
but just look at all those varieties!

So, I was minding my own business, sniffing all of the teas, when a lovely lady asked if I would like to try any teas and pointed to a large station at the back of the store with a huge range of both hot and cold teas already prepared and waiting to be supped.  Well, it would have been rude not to, would it not?  I tried six teas in total and completely fell in love.  

It was wonderful speaking with the lovely shop assistant (whose name I have shamefully forgotten) as she was passionate about the brand and clearly a fellow tea lover!  She listened as I told her about our forthcoming Mad Hatter's tea party (I'm sure we'll keep you updated) and gave me some samples which she thought my guests might like and would tie in nicely with the underlying theme of the party, namely that lots of elements will not be what they seem.

My personally selected samples

I also bought one of their lovely packs, the Cool Sorts collection which are a selection of fruity teas which although can be taken hot, are designed to be delicious when iced.


I'll stop rambling now, I just genuinely had a lovely experience and wanted to share it with you all.  I will most definitely be heading back into T2 at any given opportunity and if you would like some more information about T2 just pop over to their website but do try not to drool on your keyboard!


Thanks for popping by today, 
Lorna

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson said...

Thanks for sharing your experience! They opened a store in NYC last year. The teas were a bit overpriced but I did pick up a very nice thermos. Their staff was really sweet too.