Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Time for a cup of Christmas tea!

Hello there,

Welcome back to another tried and tested tea article from Tea With Me and Friends. Since it's the festive season, I thought I would try a little Christmas tea this time!

A little while ago when I was wandering around a gift shop in Rye, I discovered this particular brand of Christmas inspired tea and was intrigued to try it (yes the fab packaging tempted me!) ....

Brewhoho Christmas Tea

Now with such claims as it's like “Mulled Wine in a tea cup”....I had to give it a go! Although I have to admit, at this time of year I reach for slightly more festive cups than my usual teacups....

Christmas tea

Yes, I do agree that it seems a bit mean to make hot drinks in a cute little snowman like this....but I have to put him to good use! 

So, what makes this a Christmas tea I hear you cry....well the ingredients include... Pure Ceylon Black Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger, Peppermint, Cardamom, Pepper, Vanilla flavour and Chai flavour. Is your mouth watering yet??

Now, I'm not sure if you have heard of Brewhaha, the company responsible for this tea, but you have probably seen their quirky packaging. Brewhaha Tea was launched in 2004 after founder Joanne McLeod was tired of seeing tea marketed in dowdy grey and brown boxes and decided to create a fun loving brand with a retro style.

Brewhaha teas are made using Sri Lankan tea, which is also packaged in Sri Lanka which adds to it's freshness.

Brewhaha have an extensive range of teas on offer through stockists and in their online shop...including teas such as the "Super Happiness Tea" which is a Green Tea with vanilla & cherry marigold, which sounds scrummy! To find out more pop by their website.

Now back to the reason we are here....the Christmas tea....

Brewhaha Tea with a Christmas twist

This brew was actually really refreshing and not at all over powering (which thought it might be). The flavours are balanced well and really remind me of the festive season....a lovely cup of tea.

Looking on the website today, unfortunately all the Christmas tea has already sold...but keep your eyes peeled as you might find it in one of their stockists!

Have you tried this Christmas tea....or do you already have a personal favourite? If so we'd love to hear from you...and we'd love to give your favourite a try! Please leave us a comment below!

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel & Lorna

No comments: