Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 30 August 2014

How not to serve a scone....

Hello there,

Welcome back to another afternoon tea post from Tea With Me and Friends.

Now, as you can probably imagine we have eaten rather a lot of scones since starting this blog! We've enjoyed debates about how you pronouce scone and how you dress your scones and we have our own opinions about how a good scone is served.

Ideally they should be warm and fresh, served with clotted cream and preserve.

Recently I visited the Isle of Wight, and found a beautiful little seaside cafe that was serving scones. The setting was perfect and so I thought I would indulge in a little scone therapy.


So far so good....beautiful setting, good looking scone and Rodda's clotted cream.

However, as I cut into my scone I realised that something wasn't quite right as the texture was a tad bit tought. Nether the less I continued to dress my scone......


Then I took a bite.......

Hmmmm...to say it was tough was a bit of an understatement. It was hot, that was sure, and hard! It turns out that the scone had been microwaved to "warm it"!!

It was such a shame as everything else about the experience was wonderful!

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: