Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 6 September 2014

A Wonderful Scone....

Hello there,

Welcome back to another scone themed blog post from Tea With Me and Friends! After the last post when I shared with you a rather disappointing scone that I had over the summer...I thought I should now share a quite lovely scone experience.

Today I went for a wander in my local antique shop in Farnham - it's a huge place with lots of different rooms stuffed to the roof with treasures! In the middle of it all is the Mill Stream Tearooms, which I may frequent on a regular basis (as its only a five minute stroll from my front door!).

I decided today not to indulge in a full cream tea, but I did fancy a scone and some tea......


To be honest I was a little surprised that I was served two scones, but they weren't too large and so I tucked into both. One was plain and the other fruited and I enjoyed them with butter and strawberry jam. 

The tearoom really is in the middle of the antiques....here are some of the surroundings you can enjoy while tucking into your tea and scones.....



Now I said this was a wonderful scone experience and it's because the scones were so tasty! They were served warm and they were light and fluffy - not at all claggy. The fruited one was full of raisins, no scrimping here!

Best of all, this little lot cost lest than £4.00 and the scones were homemade!


A really lovely treat for a Saturday afternoon.

If you happen to be in the Farnham area in Surrey and fancied a scone I would highly recommend the Mill Stream Tearooms!

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel 

No comments: