Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Something Beau-tea-ful....Cucumber Sandwiches Body Scrub from Cognito Spa

Hello there,

Welcome back to our little afternoon tea blog! As you know here at Tea With Me and Friends we are very serious about our afternoon tea adventures....and this week saw me take my cucumber sandwiches into the shower with me! Ok, there might not have been any bread or actual cucumber.....but this scrummy smelling body scrub definitely reminded me of all the cucumber sandwiches I've consumed!


Cognito is a Suffolk based business creating handmade skincare products, which are made in small batches to ensure freshness & effectiveness.

Recently Cognito got in touch with me to tell me about their scrummy SPAfternoon Tea range of products - all inspired by our favourite pass time! In the range you will find products which include "flavours"such as:

Cucumber Sandwiches
Lemon Drizzle
Victoria Sponge (Vanilla)
Eton Mess
Chocolate Orange Truffle
Prosecco & Strawberry (Lip Balm only)
Gin & Tonic (Lip Balm only)
Fruit Cup/Pimm's (Lip Balm only)
Peppermint Tea (Lip Balm only)

When they offered me the opportunity to try the cucumber sandwiches body scrub I couldn't resist!


Now let's start with that packaging.....it's so cute! I'm rather partial to anything covered in polka dots, so this is right up my street! The whole range is dotty and includes cute images of afternoon tea treats - it will look cute in anyone's bathroom!

I suppose you might be asking what cucumber sandwiches actually smell like - well this is a blend of  cucumber, apple and soft marine combined with floral notes of rose, white jasmine and waterlily on a base of cedar and vanilla. It's sweet and light and really reminds me of cucumber, but in a good way! It's really refreshing and lingers on your skin after you have used the scrub.


The scrub itself is a blend of Sugar & fine Sea Salt; Rice Bran, Apricot Kernel & Sunflower Oils and Shea Butter & Coconut Oil. It's quite a robust scrub, which I didn't need to use much of. 

According to the website it's the Shea & Coconut Butter that sets this scrub in a semi solid state - which means it isn't sloppy and is very easy to use in the shower because it doesn't go everywhere.

It really did leave my skin feeling soft and smooth after use and as mentioned above the aroma lingered on my skin long after I had finished my shower.


To find out more about this body scrub or the other products in the range (there are bath & body oils, masks, hand balms and lip balms to pick from!) pop by the Cognito website.

We'd like to thank Cognito for getting in touch and sending us this fab product. But please remember that this gift has not effected our senses and all opinions expressed in this article are our own.

Have you tried any of the other SPAfternoon Tea range? We'd love to hear what you thought...leave us a comment below!

Thank you for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: