Welcome back to Tea With Me and Friends....we're still celebrating Afternoon Tea Week 2015....and today we have some lovely butter biscuits for your afternoon tea stand. These biscuits are simple, buttery and taste wonderful with a little icing on them....which also makes them very pretty...
|Butter biscuits from |
Tea With Me and Friends
The basic biscuit recipe is nice and easy.
For a big batch of biscuits you will need....
500g plain flour
180g caster sugar
250g cold butter
2 large eggs
What do you need to do....
- Preheat your oven to 170c
- First mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl, then add the butter. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour and sugar - you should end up with something that looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Once you've rubbed all the butter in, you need to add the egg to make a dough. You might need to add a splash of milk at this stage...make sure you don't add too much.
- Once you have a smooth dough, divide into two and make them into two flat discs. Cover and chill for thirty minutes before baking.
- Once you are ready to bake, roll the dough out and cut into your desired shapes.
- Bake your biscuits in the oven for 15 minutes, or until they are a golden colour.
- Once cool you can either enjoy with a cup of tea....or decorate!
|Seasonal biscuits - perfect for a Christmas afternoon tea stand|
These biscuits are sweet and buttery, and a little soft - they keep well when stored in a tin.
I also used this recipe when I made my own version of a popular children's biscuit....
These biscuits have been sandwiched with a little buttercream and jam....if you want to give them a touch of disco you could add a little icing and glitter too....
All my iced biscuits are made using an icing made out of icing sugar and a little water....colour is also added if required for the design.
What's your favourite type of biscuit?
Leave us a comment and let us know....
Thank you for popping by today, we'll have another afternoon tea recipe for you tomorrow,
Rachel & Lorna