Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Sunday 23 March 2014

Time for Tea....Mill Stream Tearooms

Hello there,

I hope you are having a good day!

Yesterday I had a lovely day pottering, with no real plans I headed to Bourne Mill Antiques which is located a short stroll from my home in Farnham, Surrey. This is a haven for anyone who enjoys browsing lots of different antiques and vintage items - known to me and my friends as "the wonky house", many an hour is lost wandering the corridors of this gem!

Bourne Mill Antiques
Farnham

While there, you might also like to pay a visit to the Mill Stream Tearooms which is located in the middle of the antiques centre. Here you can enjoy freshly made food and drink, whilst sat amongst some of the antiques. Its a wonderful stop for those a little weary from wandering around the antiques.

Enjoying tea amongst the antiques at Mill Stream Tearooms

Yesterday I decided it was about time I partook in their cream tea, and I'm glad I did. You have the choice of tea or coffee, which is served with two scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam. They have both plain and fruit scones - I opted for the fruit ones.....

Cream Tea - Mill Stream Tearooms, Farnham

Now I think you need a closer look at these scones, as the fruit content was really quite amazing......

Fruit scones - the Tea With Me and Friends way!

The scones were served warm, and were a good size and texture. They were light and fluffy on the inside, and tasted wonderful. There was also a good serving of both cream and jam, enough for both scones. I thoroughly enjoyed this cream tea!

The china is all mismatched, and that small red teapot that I had held a good three or four cups of tea! At £4.50 I think this is excellent value! However, if you fancied something other than scones, I am sure you will find something on the cake table to satisfy your cravings....

The delightful cake table at the Mill Stream Tearooms, Farnham

All in all this was a lovely experience - the tearoom is decorated with fresh flowers and the service is friendly and efficient. Definitely a hidden gem worth a visit if you happen to be in Farnham, Surrey.

For more information about Bourne Mill Antiques or the Mill Stream Tearooms visit their website or their Facebook page!

Thanks for popping by today,
Rachel

No comments: