Welcome to our blog....here we will share all our afternoon tea adventures with you...the good, the bad and the wonderful!

Saturday 21 December 2013

Time for Tea....Jumeira Carlton Tower

Hello there,

Christmas is fast approaching and by spending some time on Twitter and Instagram I can see that lots of people are enjoying festive afternoon teas at the moment. One tea that has caught my eye is the Eric Lanlard Christmas afternoon tea at the Chinoiserie restaurant in the Jumeira Carlton Tower.

To be honest when you are greeted by pictures like this on a restaurant webpage, I think you know the tea is going to look pretty fantastic too.....

Photo from Jumeirah Carlton Tower website
 
So, when I saw this brilliant photo on Instagram I just had to contact the person and see if I could include it on our blog....
 
 
Tazmin from Saphire Event Designs replied to my request and sent me rather a lot of other scrummy photos too, which I just had to share with you.
 
The Chinoiserie is a beautiful restaurant, and Tazmin said you really felt like you were situated in the lap of luxury while enjoying your afternoon tea. I'm pleased to hear that service throughout the afternoon tea is impeccable too.
 
Picture from Jumeirah Carlton Tower website
Currently there is the traditional afternoon tea on offer, but also the festive creation by master patisserie Eric Lanlard. The festive version includes sandwiches filled with seasonal turkey and cranberry, chicken liver and salmon, these are followed by a scones and a whole host of festive sweet treats to enjoy.
 
The tea range is extensive and includes middle eastern teas as well.
 
All dietary requirements can be catered for at this restaurant.
 
Here are some more of Tazmin's photo's.....get ready to drool.....
 
Festive afternoon tea

 

 

 
Flavours found within this afternoon tea include creamy eggnog, mulled wine and chestnuts - a full on festive experience!
 
This festive afternoon tea costs £40 per person, if you'd like to add a glass of bubbles to your tea it will be £50 per person.
 
I have to say I think this tea looks amazing and I am a little bit jealous that I haven't tried it myself. A big thank you to Tazmin for sharing these with me.
 
If you've enjoyed a festive afternoon tea, or are hosting one at home we'd love to hear about it. Please leave us a comment or send us an email!
 
Thank you for popping by today and we hope to see you again soon!
Rachel & Lorna
 

No comments: